Monday, May 18, 2015

Travel musings - Iceland - May 2015

I'm not allowed to post online while we're away from home.  And I get it, OPSEC is what they all it in the military... operational security.  But I have such get insights as time away unfolds and usually forget them by the time I very home.  So I decided to not them down on real time and then post them when I get home.

This may be a terrible idea or brilliant... I guess you'll have to decide.

* I'm a perfectly capable adult, but when I'm traveling alone I spend most of my time worrying about losing my ticket or my passport or whether I turned off the data on my phone.
* Don't you hate it when the plane lands 20 minutes before your in-flight movie ends?  Anybody have a copy of Interstellar I can borrow?
* If you rent a car in Iceland, it must have 4WD and it may or may not have shocks.
* If someone asks if you have your rain suit, the answer would be "Yes." Then go buy one.
* There are not many good hair days in Iceland, especially near the coast.
* It is possible to get a sunburn at the Blue Lagoon, even when your shoulders are covered by that wonderful, milky water.
* I hope you like fish... and lamb... and yogurt.
* Family farms make for wonderful hotel experiences.

Pictures to follow - even the bad-hair ones...

Peace, Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment