Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Little things matter

We're settling into our new life and today I was thinking about some of the things that have made my life a little happier.  They are simple gestures that say, "You matter."  I'm going to try to incorporate more of these in my life every chance I get, hopefully to make life better for me and those I know & love.

* Choose to be positive... it will make your life and the lives around you much more pleasant.
* Offer a warm welcome to a new neighbor, even if you're moving in a few days or months.  It makes a great first impression of their new home and you may make a new friend.
* If your friends move away, find their new address and send them a card so that they can get some mail that's not a bill soon after they move in.
* Thank you notes are much appreciated for gifts given and gestures of friendship... even if you said "thank you" in person... and even if you're related to them.
* Say "please" and "thank you."  I'm always surprised when it seems to mean so much to people.

They are little things, indeed, but the difference they make is immeasurable.  This little graphic says it all...

Peace, Deb

Friendship isn't a big thing - it's a million little things.  ~Author Unknown

 John 13:34-35 [Jesus said,] "Let me give you a new command: Love one another. In the same way I loved you, you love one another. This is how everyone will recognize that you are my disciples—when they see the love you have for each other."

No comments:

Post a Comment