Tuesday, December 2, 2014

#Advent Us - Day 2

Day 2 - "In the beginning, God created." Genesis 1:1

Creation is good... God said it many times.

And God is not the only one who creates. Made in God's image, we are also called to be creative - to make something from nothing - to bring beauty to light where once their was silence.

I love the creative people in my life. Potters... bakers... cooks... knitters & crocheters... musicians... photographers...scrapbookers... painters... decorators... these are just a few of the ways I see people creating in the world today.

Once of upon a time, if you had asked me if I was a creative person, I would have said no. But I have changed my mind about that. As I have quilted lap blankets for each of my nieces and nephews, and as I crochet scarves and shawls and blankets, as I prepare food for parties or church socials or for evening meals, I experience the joy that creating something new brings. And I'm guessing it's the same for you.

So think about it... what have you created lately? Here's a few of my latest creations!

Peace, Deb
Baby Blanket & Hat
Quilt #7
Everything's better with pie

No comments:

Post a Comment