Saturday, June 28, 2014

Moving Musings 2014 - What to do, what to do?

The boxes and furniture are gone.

The house is cleaned and turned over.

We are settled into temporary housing for four weeks, then we will spend two weeks traveling across the country before we leave for my husband's next assignment in Germany.

I've completed the tasks necessary to relinquish my volunteer responsibilities all over town - turned in binders - completed after action reports - given up the keys that jangled in my pocket all over town.

I'm in the process of going through that box of odds and ends that I swept away as the movers came and went - all that stuff that I didn't know what to do with yet. Some of it has been recycled, some shredded, some thrown away, some saved.

So now what do I do?

It seems that all that's left is saying goodbye.

And that's the hardest part.

Good thing I've had a lot of practice.

Let me end by quoting a philosopher of great wisdom: "How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard" - Winnie-the-Pooh by A.A. Milne.

Peace, Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment